There were many events that happened as part of SDMIMD’s Entrepreneurship Cell initiatives.
- Swayam – The entrepreneurship cell of SDMIMD was inaugurated on the 12th of September. Swayam is in collaboration with the National Entrepreneurship Network (NEN). The chief guests wereMr. B.R. Pai, a well-renowned entrepreneur and the founder of CWF industries, Mysore, and Ms. Chaitali, NEN consultant. At the function the official logo of Swayam along with the Facebook page of Swayam was launched by Dr. H. Gayathri, Deputy Director, SDMIMD. Ms. Chaitali narrated the story of how NEN was founded and how it grew from strength to strength. She also provided us the plan of activities that NEN will conduct at SDMIMD. Professor M.R. Suresh addressed the gathering about the importance of having entrepreneurship cells in insititutions and about the up coming B-Plan competition for the students of SDMIMD. It took two years to conceptualise the initiative and SDMIMD has signed an MoU with NEN. Mr. B.R. Pai shared his experiences with the gathering and gave insights into the current scenario for entrepreneurs in India. He also gave valuable tips to the budding entrepreneurs at SDMIMD
- Mr. C. Balagopal, Senior Advisor at Terumo Penpol Ltd. & Director at Enter Technologies Pvt Ltd., delivered a talk on “Bureaucrat to Entrepreneur” on September 27, 2013 at SDMIMD. An IAS officer turned entrepreneur shared his ideas on start-ups and the importance of holding onto principles right from the initial stages.
- On Oct 16, 6 students of SDMIMD, attended the E-leader workshop at Vidyavardaka college at Mysore and organised by NEN. The workshop introduced students to the concept of an e-leader and why it was required. There were a number of activities that conveyed the instincts of participants and how they can be avoided and also the necessary characteristics required for group or a team effort.
- At present, as an ongoing experiential entrepreneurship activity, SDMIMD students have launched a chocolate making initiative as campus venture. The product is now retailed in campus canteen and during campus events.
- 10 student teams have submitted their initial Business Plan as part of the run-up to theBusiness Plan competition to be held in Dec 2013 and evaluation is under process.
- A case study competition for first year PGDM has also been announced.
- Swayam - The Entrepreneurship Cell of SDMIMDorganised a 'Business plan and business model workshop' on the 18th of October for the participants of BigFuture, B-plan competition at SDMIMD in collaboration with NEN.The workshop was conducted by IIIT, Bangalore faculty Mr. Milind Priolkar and associated with BNA Technology Consulting as Executive VP. Mr. Priolkar is also an entrepreneur and has vast experience in conducting workshops for entrepreneurs. There are no bad ideas. An idea just needs to fetch the right opportunity and a little modification, if necessary, was his advice to budding entrepreneurs at SDMIMD.