Message from Chairperson
Indicative courses for first year PGDM 13-15 Program
Ms. Sone Selvavinayagam
email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile : 9538585171
Mr. Shashidhar M
Ms. Rekha Ganapathy
|SDM IMD offers a two year, full time, residential Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) program. The PGDM program is designed and structured to enable students to adapt to the changing requirements, challenges and opportunities of the global business scenario. It provides students with a strong theoretical and conceptual base.
The course is compiled from current industry practices and probing business case studies. The faculty has a wide knowledge base and rich teaching experience and this matched with Institute facilities of international standards, constitute the cutting edge advantage. The overall objective is to have high degree of academic rigour that is practiced to ensure that each student is driven from within to think and behave as a leader.
In their second year, students can opt to specialize in the areas of Marketing, Systems, Finance, Operations, or Human Resource Management. Students have the option of dual specialization. Students can also decide to be a generalist and not specialize in any area and instead opt for courses from various streams to make up the required minimum of 30 credits.
The PGDM program is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India vide their approval letter F.No. South-west/1-424196842/2011/EOA. dt. 01-09-2011. The PGDM is considered as equivalent to MBA degree by GOI letter No. F. No. Eqvi./AB/Gen.Corr.(107)/2009-10 dated 05-06-2009.
This program has also been accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA) vide their letter F.No. 25-10/2010/NBA dt. 15.12.2011 for a period of three years with effect from 13-12-2011.
In order to provide exposure to the International business scenario, the Institute has student exchange programs with two Institutes of global repute namely the Mays Business School at Texas A&M University, Texas, USA and Global Management Education Institute of Shanghai University in China.
Why PGDM at SDMIMD is different?
You must experience it to understand the difference!
SDMIMD believes in holistic development of the student with real time inputs from the academia and the corporate world in a serene atmosphere and salubrious climate in the heritage city of Mysore.
Highlights of the program:
- Faculty with rich experience in academia and industry
- Consistent placement record
- Innovative and contemporary pedagogy
- Emphasis on business ethics and values
- Institute sponsored international study tour for 20 students selected on the basis of course performance
- Single occupancy hostel rooms
- International Student Exchange programs with Texas A&M University and Shanghai University
- Merit Scholarship Scheme and Merit cum Means Scholarship Scheme
- Yoga as part of the PGDM program
- Students from 23 states across India
- An active Centre for Research (CFR), dedicated to focused faculty research and recognised as a PhD centre
- International conferences in several areas of management attended by academicians from across India and abroad
- International symposiums for talks and panel discussions
- ‘Naissance’- the students driven management fest for B School students
- ‘Abhigyaan’- fest for undergraduate students from across India
- Faculty Development Program for the faculty from other institutes
- Customised management education programs for corporate executives
- Short term Management Development Programs (MDP)